Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Pianist

Last week I have watched a movie title The Pianist directed by Roman Polanski. First what came crossed my mind is how I don’t want to see this movie. Thinking about the title and the poster I don’t know how the story going to be. But after watching the movie, I don’t think I regret it. 

The story happened on 1 September 1939 and it is World War II. The war started when Britain and France have declared war on Nazi GermanyThe movie about a guy named Władysław Szpilmana, cast by Adrien Brody a famous pianist who working for Warsaw Radio in the movie. However, Szpilman becomes subject to the anti-Jewish laws imposed by the conquering Germans. In the story he is a strong man who is trying hard in doing everything to stay alive. During the war he manages to live but in the suffering way and hiding with his family.

While watching the movie I was trying to put myself in his position and thinking how I would react if I was there.  Imagine if all of your things had been taken by someone else, your live, your family and your freedom. I don’t think I can handle it. I just could give up perhaps. But I learned something from this movie which is do not give up no matter how hard you face the obstacles. 

I think many people have touched on this scene where the German soldier killed the innocent people without feeling guilty at all. They just kill them like as a must. But somehow because of Władysław Szpilmana spirit to still alive he manages to survive until the end. The final scene there was a German soldier who was trying to help him by giving him food and hide him from other soldiers. 

With all the great acting that Adrien Brody acts in this movie it gives me a big impact. There are certain things that we should know and realize.  It is really a big opportunity for us to still alive and live in this world without any war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment