Tuesday, April 3, 2012

FROM HELL

This is my 3rd movie review that I watched last month I think. The movie is “From Hell” directed by the Hughes brothers.  This was actually adapted from the true story about Jack the Ripper. The main actor of this movie is Johnny Deep act as Inspector Frederick Abberline. His character is an excellent but drug-addicted police officer who uses psychic instincts to hunt criminals. Jack the Ripper is the savage serial killer who is killing the prostitutes of Whitechapel.

What I can say is the movie is a conflict between two different world which is high and lower class people. The lower class people are the prostitutes. The streets team life is misery as the women struggle to make enough money to keep them safe. So many knives are bared can tell who may actually be Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper stalks a group of prostitutes and the crime happened when he started to kill the prostitutes one by one. All the victims were killed cruelly by cutting the throats and remove their internal organs. 

While watching this movie I was thinking the reasons why the killer doing this. Logically, as we can see the prostitutes didn’t do anything as they deserve to be killing that way. That is too much for me. What was on my mind, I think that the only reasons why he did this to the prostitutes is because he wants to give them a lesson that they can get a better job other than that or maybe something bad happened to the killer related to the prostitutes and make him want to kill them. But it was such a sad ending to watch Abberline in the end die because of opium overdose. 

For those watch the movie maybe they have their own opinion towards the movie. But me that am what I’m thinking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment